Bring4th
Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Reiki vs channeling divine energy (/showthread.php?tid=13761)

Pages: 1 2

Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Glow - 01-08-2017

Hi,
I've been considering taking a reiki class because it's something I was taught via visions the night of my first awakening 20 years ago. Since then I've known it's part of my path but have been taught strictly via visions during meditation.

As I said I keep considered taking a reiki class but it bothers me they feel you need to be initiated by someone who already channels energy. To me there is just divine energy so it's seems dis genuine to act like someone has to grant you access to this energy and ability.....

I actually trip over that with most religions, someone always wants to feel they control access.

Anyways if you do reiki please don't take my words as judgement. I do not doubt it or think it bad, I've had a distant session done and felt it, ... Yet "uninitiated" me has had sensitive people ask me if I was sending energy at such and such time because they felt energy moving over them & pain was relieved/healed(minor injury), it was exactly at that time I was sending energy so I balk at being told I need some otherself to grant me access to this divine energy.

Maybe I should suck it up and just see what I can learn from it like I do with other dogmas but am I just going to learn dogma? I dont like exposing my brain to dogma because we are all suseptable to imprinting of limiting beliefs.... Anyways I'd appreciate insight

Thanks

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - sriyantra - 01-08-2017

Two Reiki healers have had more impact on my life than almost anything or anyone else so far. It sounds like you would greatly benefit from taking classes and pursuing the path because you clearly have the natural ability for it. I think a lot of people that can be good at it already have a strong capacity for it, like you seem to have. Teachers would only help amplify your natural ability. I would imagine that taking classes and getting "initiated" would become one and the same because the people teaching the classes would already be quite expert and will naturally help you open up the path you're already on. I wouldn't be too concerned with dogma or anything. It's energy work so it functions on a different kind of level than other things might. You can just go with the flow and use your own discernment for what sticks for you. Everyone may have a slightly different technique at how they would go about it once they've acquired the knowledge from classes. I'm sure you'll be guided intuitively once you start. You could feasibly skip getting initiated by teachers just by researching the knowledge and applying it, but Reiki healers are awesome and I could only see you benefitting from learning from them and their years of experience. A master Reiki healer I talked to had some of the most incredible things to share that blew my mind and opened up my path of seeking a few years ago. I also do think there is something powerful to spiritual teachers being able to energetically impart higher knowledge/states etc.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - AnthroHeart - 01-08-2017

I was attuned to Reiki master level, but I am so out of practice with that. I just use Love/Light energy.
When I was attuned to my first Reiki, I actually become disoriented and threw up the next day.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Minyatur - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: bothers me they feel you need to be initiated by someone who already channels energy.

I feel the same.

I've been thinking about getting a healing by a practitioner to get in touch with the energy and then later seek to connect with it myself and embody it through meditation, but have yet to go through with that.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - ricdaw - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: it bothers me they feel you need to be initiated by someone who already channels energy. To me there is just divine energy so it's seems dis genuine to act like someone has to grant you access to this energy and ability.....

I actually trip over that with most religions, someone always wants to feel they control access.

Hi Glow, I am a Reiki guy.  I think there may be a conceptual error on your understanding of reiki and the way it is taught.  There is no claim in reiki that it is the one and only way to access divine energy.  There is no attempt to control access to divine energy.  Indeed, the magic, the divinity of a reiki is that someone figured out how to bestow the gift of energy channelling upon other selves in the course of a single weekend!  This is an astonishing gift.  You can channel energy, wonderful.  Can you pass a copy of your gift on to me in 48 hours?  Please.  Because I love collecting these abilities.  And if you are willing to give me a copy of your gifts for even less than the $100 reiki costs, and with zero dogma of your own, then please, would you share?  Please PM me and we can arrange a time.

I am utterly serious.  If you can do this, would you please?

If you cannot, then learning reiki offers to teach you a method that (if modified for your own gifts) you may be able to copy and use yourself to pass your own gifts onto strangers too.  What better way to spread the light than to give such a gift widely and freely to all comers!  It is the Law of Squares in Action.  As you pass your gifts to another, and teach them how to pass them on as well, your gifts will start moving throughout the population and light will spread exponentially.  

We would all benefit.  

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: I balk at being told I need some otherself to grant me access to this divine energy.

There is no reiki teaching that blocks anyone from anything.  You know not of what you speak.  And a true Servant of the Light, a Service-To-Other person would use whatever way possible to spread the light, right?  Do you know that people recognize the word "reiki" now and when I offer to "give reiki" they will let me do it cold, because it is a known thing.  How do you go about offering your energy to strangers?  How do they get comfortable accepting something like "divine energy" from a stranger who declares he/she can do it?  Seems to me that you are deliberately limiting your Service by turning away from a recognized healing modality that is taught to hundreds of thousands of nurses nationwide.

Or is your divine energy more "pure" because you came upon it yourself and directly with spirit?  Is energy through another corrupt?  Less divine?  I do not understand such a thing.

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: Maybe I should suck it up and just see what I can learn from it like I do with other dogmas but am I just going to learn dogma? I dont like exposing my brain to dogma because we are all suseptable to imprinting of limiting beliefs.... Anyways I'd appreciate insight
Thanks

There are, like, five principles taught in reiki, and one of them is "honor your elders."  The others are so bland I can't even remember them.  Like "do good."  Sheesh.  You attribute dogma to an entire energy technique without spending even the two minutes it would take in an on-line Google search to know that such dogma does not exist in reiki.  

I do a half dozen different kinds of energy movement/healings.  Some taught.  Some discovered on my own.  Here is the magical divine indisputable genius of reiki.  It works effortlessly through me.  Literally, "Hands on, energy on.  Hands off, energy off."  

So if you decide to come down from your high horse of purity and try out reiki, you might find that while you send your own personally discovered divine light into another human being, that reiki will be right there doing its thing on top of and in addition to yours!  So that your healings are double what they used to be, your healings faster/stronger/more beneficial.

And isn't that what you want?  To share the Light?

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Glow - 01-08-2017

(01-08-2017, 05:04 PM)sriyantra Wrote: Two Reiki healers have had more impact on my life than almost anything or anyone else so far. It sounds like you would greatly benefit from taking classes and pursuing the path because you clearly have the natural ability for it. I think a lot of people that can be good at it already have a strong capacity for it, like you seem to have. Teachers would only help amplify your natural ability. I would imagine that taking classes and getting "initiated" would become one and the same because the people teaching the classes would already be quite expert and will naturally help you open up the path you're already on. I wouldn't be too concerned with dogma or anything. It's energy work so it functions on a different kind of level than other things might. You can just go with the flow and use your own discernment for what sticks for you. Everyone may have a slightly different technique at how they would go about it once they've acquired the knowledge from classes. I'm sure you'll be guided intuitively once you start. You could feasibly skip getting initiated by teachers just by researching the knowledge and applying it, but Reiki healers are awesome and I could only see you benefitting from learning from them and their years of experience. A master Reiki healer I talked to had some of the most incredible things to share that blew my mind and opened up my path of seeking a few years ago. I also do think there is something powerful to spiritual teachers being able to energetically impart higher knowledge/states etc.

That makes it sound much more appealing. I've been eyeing one class closely so thank you for the nudge. Smile

(01-08-2017, 08:26 PM)ricdaw Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: it bothers me they feel you need to be initiated by someone who already channels energy. To me there is just divine energy so it's seems dis genuine to act like someone has to grant you access to this energy and ability.....

Hi Glow, I am a Reiki guy.  I think there may be a conceptual error on your understanding of reiki and the way it is taught.  There is no claim in reiki that it is the one and only way to access divine energy.  There is no attempt to control access to divine energy.  Indeed, the magic, the divinity of a reiki is that someone figured out how to bestow the gift of energy channelling upon other selves in the course of a single weekend!  This is an astonishing gift.  You can channel energy, wonderful.  Can you pass a copy of your gift on to me in 48 hours?  Please.  Because I love collecting these abilities.  And if you are willing to give me a copy of your gifts for even less than the $100 reiki costs, and with zero dogma of your own, then please, would you share?  Please PM me and we can arrange a time.

I am utterly serious.  If you can do this, would you please?

If you cannot, then learning reiki offers to teach you a method that (if modified for your own gifts) you may be able to copy and use yourself to pass your own gifts onto strangers too.  What better way to spread the light than to give such a gift widely and freely to all comers!  It is the Law of Squares in Action.  As you pass your gifts to another, and teach them how to pass them on as well, your gifts will start moving throughout the population and light will spread exponentially.  

We would all benefit.  

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: I balk at being told I need some otherself to grant me access to this divine energy.

There is no reiki teaching that blocks anyone from anything.  You know not of what you speak.  And a true Servant of the Light, a Service-To-Other person would use whatever way possible to spread the light, right?  Do you know that people recognize the word "reiki" now and when I offer to "give reiki" they will let me do it cold, because it is a known thing.  How do you go about offering your energy to strangers?  How do they get comfortable accepting something like "divine energy" from a stranger who declares he/she can do it?  Seems to me that you are deliberately limiting your Service by turning away from a recognized healing modality that is taught to hundreds of thousands of nurses nationwide.

Or is your divine energy more "pure" because you came upon it yourself and directly with spirit?  Is energy through another corrupt?  Less divine?  I do not understand such a thing.

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: Maybe I should suck it up and just see what I can learn from it like I do with other dogmas but am I just going to learn dogma? I dont like exposing my brain to dogma because we are all suseptable to imprinting of limiting beliefs.... Anyways I'd appreciate insight
Thanks

There are, like, five principles taught in reiki, and one of them is "honor your elders."  The others are so bland I can't even remember them.  Like "do good."  Sheesh.  You attribute dogma to an entire energy technique without spending even the two minutes it would take in an on-line Google search to know that such dogma does not exist in reiki.  

I do a half dozen different kinds of energy movement/healings.  Some taught.  Some discovered on my own.  Here is the magical divine indisputable genius of reiki.  It works effortlessly through me.  Literally, "Hands on, energy on.  Hands off, energy off."  

So if you decide to come down from your high horse of purity and try out reiki, you might find that while you send your own personally discovered divine light into another human being, that reiki will be right there doing its thing on top of and in addition to yours!  So that your healings are double what they used to be, your healings faster/stronger/more beneficial.

And isn't that what you want?  To share the Light?

"Come down from my high horse" really? ... Ridcaw it's funny I've always enjoyed your post but you really saw what you wanted to see in this post.

There is no high horse, you are very defensive though. Read it again, see if maybe perhaps all that was really necessary.
It wasn't for me because you assumed way to much about my feeling/perspective/ego.

My issue is not with reiki, not sure how you missed that. I've had sessions and been considering taking a class for quite a while. My issue is the consistent aserration that someone needs to be initiated. Classes I'm sure could give more ideas and inspiration, experiences of others but no one is giving me their gift as you say.

We all have this ability. Permission slips for the ego. What is being bestowed is the belief in the ability to do it. No one is passing a copy of of their gift to anyone because no one has this gift as their possession, no one lacks this ability, just the belief and understanding.

I guess you stated exactly what bothers me in the ads for these classes.
I will go eventually and gather from it what is useful but yeah I truly believe we are all energy, all one, no one more powerful or special than any others. im going to leave it there because I don't feel the need of some debate.

I certainly never intended to question reiki at all I was just hoping to feel out other ways I could make peace with what is essentially semantics, and yes it seems like dogma, having been a Christian for 20 years I avoid dogma as much as possible.

I do find often time learning systems can keep you from seeing the most natural path for you. I don't think their is any difference in the energy. I just really don't want other people's limiting beliefs imprinted on me.

Everything is exactly as the universe intends right.

Any way be well, and I'm glad you are helping people.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - hounsic - 01-08-2017

I was born and raised a Jehovah's Witness and get triggered easily if something even remotely seems dogmatic so I know what you mean Glow!

Thanks hounsic Smile

After losing so much time being imprinted with information that I had doubts about even as a kid yet trusted my elders....(I found hints of reincarnation in the bible amoung other things I didn't buy) what a waste of time/lesson learned lol ..... I'm avoiding that for the rest of this incarnation lol

This Christmas I was at a store and picked up an occult book. a Christian man would not leave me alone after. Got physically in my way for several minutes. I know deep in my souls we are all loved, all worthy, do not need a "saviour" to die and help us be worthy of "god's grace" yet by the time I was at the back of the store the thought popped in. "What if I burn in hell for all eternity" lol I can laugh now but dang that's some pretty powerful brainwashing lol

I have even accidentally hypnotized myself once so I know how open to suggestion these brains can be.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - hounsic - 01-08-2017

It's been a gradual letting go for me, so it seems I'm also working on patience because it takes time.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Aion - 01-09-2017

I am technically a Reiki Master with a certificate and I would personally say that Reiki is a focus technique for concentrating and refining the 'universal energy'. Reiki actually means 'divine intelligence' REI, and 'lifeforce/energy' KI, so the word itself refers to that energy.

Reiki technique involves learning to consciously call that energy as well as to direct and refine the intention it is directed with through the use of symbols as focal points. Thus, when you are attuned to the Reiki symbols it is not granting access to Reiki because Reiki is universal and everywhere, instead it is tuning you to the symbol which acts as a collector or condenser of Reiki energy. So rather than give you access, the attunement actual just resonates your 'field' with the vibration of the symbol which acts as a focus for the intention of healing through which the Reiki is 'generated'.

It is thus more a matter of vibrational entrainment whereby you are able to integrate the vibration in to your own make-up through the focus of the symbols.

If you have no interest in the power of the symbols then the attunement is pointless as the primary purpose of the attunement is to entrain and resonate the vibrations of the symbols which act as focal points for specific healing intentions. The Usui symbols are not the only symbols that can be used for this, you can use Reiki through just about any symbol so long as it is of positive intent.

That's the one stipulation of Reiki is it cannot do harm, if it does, it's not Reiki, but of course healing isn't always a painless process either so discomfort doesn't always mean doing harm. It is a delicate balance to heal oneself and even moreso to aid another in their own healing.

In my understanding of Reiki we do no healing, we are simply assistance and support for an individual doing their own healer. However we are responsible for whatever affect we have if we choose to offer but do not take credit for healing, that is the blessing of the individual to have earned by their own internal work. It is not an 'instant enlightenment' technique, it is a tool for serious self work if you use it appropriately.

Just my two dollars.

Depending on the lineage there will also be other techniques that you will learn as well such as distance work, learning to detect blockages, push and pull techniques for negative energy, use of the lower dantien, etc, there are lots of things you can learn that will refine your ability to make use of Reiki, universal energy.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Glow - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 01:24 AM)Aion Wrote: I am technically a Reiki Master with a certificate and I would personally say that Reiki is a focus technique for concentrating and refining the 'universal energy'. Reiki actually means 'divine intelligence' REI, and 'lifeforce/energy' KI, so the word itself refers to that energy.

Reiki technique involves learning to consciously call that energy as well as to direct and refine the intention it is directed with through the use of symbols as focal points. Thus, when you are attuned to the Reiki symbols it is not granting access to Reiki because Reiki is universal and everywhere, instead it is tuning you to the symbol which acts as a collector or condenser of Reiki energy. So rather than give you access, the attunement actual just resonates your 'field' with the vibration of the symbol which acts as a focus for the intention of healing through which the Reiki is 'generated'.

It is thus more a matter of vibrational entrainment whereby you are able to integrate the vibration in to your own make-up through the focus of the symbols.

If you have no interest in the power of the symbols then the attunement is pointless as the primary purpose of the attunement is to entrain and resonate the vibrations of the symbols which act as focal points for specific healing intentions. The Usui symbols are not the only symbols that can be used for this, you can use Reiki through just about any symbol so long as it is of positive intent.

That's the one stipulation of Reiki is it cannot do harm, if it does, it's not Reiki, but of course healing isn't always a painless process either so discomfort doesn't always mean doing harm. It is a delicate balance to heal oneself and even moreso to aid another in their own healing.

In my understanding of Reiki we do no healing, we are simply assistance and support for an individual doing their own healer. However we are responsible for whatever affect we have if we choose to offer but do not take credit for healing, that is the blessing of the individual to have earned by their own internal work. It is not an 'instant enlightenment' technique, it is a tool for serious self work if you use it appropriately.

Just my two dollars.
Thank you, that is actually quite palatable to me.
Awesome! I like that and feel much better about going forward now.

No prob! In my experience I think it's appropriate to find someone who practices the original Usui Ryoho form first before delving in to the myriad of 'supplemented' systems, but of course follow your intuition.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - smc - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 03:51 AM)Aion Wrote: No prob! In my experience I think it's appropriate to find someone who practices the original Usui Ryoho form first before delving in to the myriad of 'supplemented' systems, but of course follow your intuition.

I strongly agree with this Aion Smile and with your other posts. Glow there's no dogma - ricdaws comments are useful also - (but a bit harsh/defensive) - the entrainment is what the 'initiation' is about - you aren't being told it's 'the only way' but that it's a *guaranteed* way...). And you don't get "taught" Reiki - you are 'initiated'... you don't 'learn' it you are 'calibrated' - this is why another person who is able to initiate others is required. (I haven't done my Master Level - so I don't know any more than this - as it is secret/sacred to ensure respect and purity of the process). Similarly - I won't share the symbols with non initiated - at my masters request. But that's not an elitism - but a part of the structure - like the protocols and protections and privacy of Carla/Don/Jim, it's intention-setting/entrainment/'energetic hygiene'.

(I was initiated into Usui Ryoho in 1994, then Second Level (sending it over distance) in 1995.
My Reiki master was initiated by one of the 22 first westerners initiated by Hawayo Takata so my Reiki "lineage" is very direct ("pure"/unadulterated) back to Mikao Usui. Many forms have been so modified/diluted etc that there are issues with it's strength - clarity. If you have understanding of martial arts you will better understand chi/hara energy aspects and know about lineage.
Reiki is 'Life Force Energy' - so some people can 'channel' it without initiation - which is great Smile - the lovely thing about a Reiki initiation is that it creates a permanent flow into your crown chakra of 'Life Force Energy' for the rest of your life - and it's automatic - ie: when I sleep and have my hands resting on my torso - I'm giving myself energy Smile Heart )

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - anagogy - 01-09-2017

(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: As I said I keep considered taking a reiki class but it bothers me they feel you need to be initiated by someone who already channels energy. To me there is just divine energy so it's seems dis genuine to act like someone has to grant you access to this energy and ability.....

I think I understand what you are trying to communicate, which Ra summed up when they said:

"The healer does not heal. The crystallized healer is a channel for intelligent energy which offers an opportunity to an entity that it might heal itself. In no case is there an other description of healing."

I think most healing works because both parties, healer and healed, believe that it works. Sort of like an argument (a disharmony we might say) that two parties agree to end, or let go of, once they hear each other out and apologize. An argument of the energetic variety which radiates its disharmony into the function of the mind/body/spirit. So the healer radiates the intelligent energy of compassion (green ray), and acceptance (blue ray), and the "healee" uses this distilled clarity/love/light to see and understand the distortions of self clearly and, in that clear awareness, let go of said distortions.

So do I think reiki works for the reasons that most people believe it does? No. But enough people do that it probably has those effects for a large segment of the population. Many magickal rituals derive their power through the sheer number of "cognitive trails" walked through the societal collective unconscious, which create "grooves" in the universal mind. That is to say, enough repetitions over the ages create an increase in likelihood for a given probability (the expected outcome of the ritual) to be realized over the more mundane and ordinary outcomes. Others, as Ra noted in the contact, function more because they summon or telephone discarnates adept at energy restoration.

I would mention that a lot of information is very easy to find. The symbols are all over the internet and on stones in coffee shops. For me personally I don't view it as a closed system but quite flexible as long as you maintain the heart and core of the practice. I find it begins to get muddled when people try to take it beyond healing and wellness and in to 'manifestation' and attempting to achieve their desires as this intention is a shift from the healing practice.

Of course, there are elements which are safeguarded such as the initiation process, particularly on the inner levels. How easy it is to access it is part of why there is mixed information on it. That's also why it's good to find someone who has been initiated in to the lineage, to guarantee you are actually learning the practice and not just an interpretation. After that then interpretation comes.

_______ - GentleWanderer - 01-09-2017

_______

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - ricdaw - 01-09-2017

(01-09-2017, 10:34 AM)SMC Wrote: ricdaw's comments are useful also - (but a bit harsh/defensive)

Worse than that. And I think it's Irritable Male Syndrome. http://www.christianet.com/menopause/irritablemalesyndrome.htm

It's crazy-making and I can't seem to control it yet.

Sorry folks.

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Agua del Cielo - 01-09-2017

Although i cannot speak of reiki, i would like to add some points on "initiation" ( as im practicing a breathing technique that you need an iniation for):

The purpose might not be to keep it secret for secretness sake, as well as it might not be a means of control.
It might be a good idea to be initiated by someone who has been practicing the technique for a long time, knows it inside out, knows the common mistakes and stumbling blocks.
Not sure if "silent post" is a common term in english, but if a technique such as this would be completely available, it would very quickly degenerate, probably losing its power and possibly even doing harm.
Additionally (dont know if its the case with reiki) some techniques could be considered an energetic entity, the purer and more correct it is being practiced, the more powerful it will be for everyone practicing it.
The more distortion each practitioner adds, the more it loses power for everyone.

This might take some years of practice to discover.
But its a good idea to protect the purity by insisting on initiation, instead of risking that people who not yet understand this ruin the whole thing.

Apart from that, iniation usually transfers energy and powerful insight, that might be very useful.

I hope it wasnt too off-topic and applies to the thread in some way.

(01-09-2017, 06:47 PM)ricdaw Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 10:34 AM)SMC Wrote: ricdaw's comments are useful also - (but a bit harsh/defensive)

Worse than that. And I think it's Irritable Male Syndrome. http://www.christianet.com/menopause/irritablemalesyndrome.htm

Sorry folks.

No worries, at all.
None of us are in top form at all times. Smile
I've enjoyed your posts so knew this was an anomaly.

(01-09-2017, 11:53 AM)anagogy Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 03:05 PM)Glow Wrote: As I said I keep considered taking a reiki class but it bothers me they feel you need to be initiated by someone who already channels energy. To me there is just divine energy so it's seems dis genuine to act like someone has to grant you access to this energy and ability.....

I think I understand what you are trying to communicate, which Ra summed up when they said:

"The healer does not heal. The crystallized healer is a channel for intelligent energy which offers an opportunity to an entity that it might heal itself. In no case is there an other description of healing."

I think most healing works because both parties, healer and healed, believe that it works. Sort of like an argument (a disharmony we might say) that two parties agree to end, or let go of, once they hear each other out and apologize. An argument of the energetic variety which radiates its disharmony into the function of the mind/body/spirit. So the healer radiates the intelligent energy of compassion (green ray), and acceptance (blue ray), and the "healee" uses this distilled clarity/love/light to see and understand the distortions of self clearly and, in that clear awareness, let go of said distortions.

So do I think reiki works for the reasons that most people believe it does? No. But enough people do that it probably has those effects for a large segment of the population. Many magickal rituals derive their power through the sheer number of "cognitive trails" walked through the societal collective unconscious, which create "grooves" in the universal mind. That is to say, enough repetitions over the ages create an increase in likelihood for a given probability (the expected outcome of the ritual) to be realized over the more mundane and ordinary outcomes. Others, as Ra noted in the contact, function more because they summon or telephone discarnates adept at energy restoration.
Exactly! When I send energy there is always an impression of without language asking my otherself to accept the energy for healing while silmultaniously visualizing them being one with the energy, they are one with the energy but for some reason it's how they have shown me. I learned there are of course reasons some don't allow and that'scorrect for their needs/plan
I don't know sometimes I think learning a system could plant ideas that interfere with what my guidance is teaching me. I guess I'm still not sure I'm ready to learn tried and true ways just yet. Maybe once my own guidance is donet lessons I can incorporate what I can learn from a set system.

Interesting what you say about the cognitive trails, that would certainly be a useful thing to utilize.

I'm going to start another thread in symbols/Sigils etc as I have been struggling with that stuff too and you guys have great brains for group brain storming.

Thanks all!

(01-09-2017, 07:52 PM)Agua del Cielo Wrote: Although i cannot speak of reiki, i would like to add some points on "initiation" ( as im practicing a breathing technique that you need an iniation for):

The purpose might not be to keep it secret for secretness sake, as well as it might not be a means of control.
It might be a good idea to be initiated by someone who has been practicing the technique for a long time, knows it inside out, knows the common mistakes and stumbling blocks.
Not sure if "silent post" is a common term in english, but if a technique such as this would be completely available, it would very quickly degenerate, probably losing its power and possibly even doing harm.
Additionally (dont know if its the case with reiki) some techniques could be considered an energetic entity, the purer and more correct it is being practiced, the more powerful it will be for everyone practicing it.
The more distortion each practitioner adds, the more it loses power for everyone.

But its a good idea to protect the purity by insisting on initiation, instead of risking that people who not yet understand this ruin the whole thing.

Apart from that, iniation usually transfers energy and powerful insight, that might be very useful.

This brings up some questions I've been pondering about symbols. I am comfortable saying the reiki doesn't trigger redflags when ive seen their symbols, that likely is because of how they have done what is possible to keep some control of the "initiation" so I see that good that comes from that.

Most symbols/sigils i am weary of using myself because I think it would be very easy to make a symbol for one thing tell everything it represents something else and have it charged by those who are being lied to about it's true meaning.

K now I'm getting way off topic. I'm going to go start another.
Thanks for all your insight folks!

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - smc - 01-10-2017

(01-09-2017, 11:53 AM)anagogy Wrote:

Your quote from Ra is very useful - this is what I was told by my Usui Reiki master. We were counselled to not consider ourselves as 'healers' but as conduits/channels for life force energy to pass through, (filling us up fully en-route - and then exiting our palm chakras). The Usui Reiki (Life Force Energy) then enters the other entity and what happens then is a 'conversation' - an Energetic interaction between 'them' ...

...this is useful to know also as it removes/reduces the ego from the person channelling the Usui Reiki...

people heal themselves... (or not) in their own appropriate way... from all my understanding Usui Reiki 'works' because it 'IS' (ie: the Energy actually exists )- and an accurate entrainment/initiation/calibration ensures this... so belief is irrelevant. I know atheists who are initiated successfully. I would say though, that your heart and mind, your thinking, can (if for positive) enhance your 'practise'; but essentially it's a level playing field in terms of the initial baseline 'result'.

The accuracy is why the lineage aspect is important. Distortions have occurred in Reiki from it's original 'form'... some useful some not (imo no modifications were ever needed as the original Ryoho form covers everything/anything possible anyway), but humans like to 'play with' ideas... this is part of the reason for the secrecy/sacred/private aspect - not to be elitist, but very much coming from the tradition of Japan - both cultural, religious, and martial arts aspects. Similar to in India the 'guru' system - where the knowledge is passed by a guru/teacher.. I studied Indian Karnatic singing - and my teacher was called a 'guru'... and this was for music not religion - (though the separation isn't there like in western countries - spirituality is enmeshed with everyday/every moment of daily life...) it's about respect, lineage, accuracy, tradition, safety, accuracy of information etc etc - not about preventing a person from having access - but that respect and proper positive attitude is required.
This ties in with some replies to the Indigenous cultural theft thread - where objections were made to withholding information from 'outsiders' - it's not to be negative - but for safety, sovereignty, autonomy, preservation of cultural accuracy, self-hood, energetic hygiene and respect.
As westerners we come from strong invader cultures that take take take - consume - and focus us on gratification, immediacy of our desires being met and teach us the assumption of having a 'right' to others 'belongings'...
nb: I'm NOT pro-authoritarian (quite the opposite) (though I'm perceived by some on b4 as 'controlling') - but a spiritual 'free for all' is not necessarily a healthy thing... it's complex...

(01-09-2017, 12:18 PM)Aion Wrote: I would mention that a lot of information is very easy to find. The symbols are all over the internet and on stones in coffee shops. For me personally I don't view it as a closed system but quite flexible as long as you maintain the heart and core of the practice. I find it begins to get muddled when people try to take it beyond healing and wellness and in to 'manifestation' and attempting to achieve their desires as this intention is a shift from the healing practice.

Of course, there are elements which are safeguarded such as the initiation process, particularly on the inner levels. How easy it is to access it is part of why there is mixed information on it. That's also why it's good to find someone who has been initiated in to the lineage, to guarantee you are actually learning the practice and not just an interpretation. After that then interpretation comes.

oh yes - there are people I've met who use quite different 'symbols' too - I defer to my lineage's instructions on this and won't view these symbols - (simply because I prefer not to have them in my mind)
- I've met people who were initiated by a person (who 'trained' for Master level alongside my Reiki master,) who had a falling out with her Master - and so she never received her final master initiation - and when I felt their palms these people did not have any Reiki energy coming from their palm chakras Sad one felt under psychic attack - the other 2 feel no energy.

I've met people who don't know the basic precepts (not 'dogma' Glow! Wink ) which are to be grateful, heal yourself first, etc
and/or don't know how their initiation traces back to Mikao Usui - (or who/what that even is...) etc etc

it saddens me a bit... but it is what it is - for whatever reasons I don't as yet understand... I was very excited and zealous in 1994 when first initiated!!... I wanted the whole world to do it as well - but learnt it's not for 'everyone'... we're all on different paths - all as 'valid' Heart

(01-09-2017, 06:47 PM)ricdaw Wrote:

Worse than that.  And I think it's Irritable Male Syndrome.  http://www.christianet.com/menopause/irritablemalesyndrome.htm

Sorry folks.

ohhhh..... Heart I like your self... and I get quite stoinky with b4 - I like lotsa people here, tho few would believe I do...

it's more that our age group is very 'I don't suffer fools gladly' and for eg - to me Trump is 'fool' ... but also I just see the world so differently from this forum- opposite side of world - opp gender (to most here) opposite age group to most here... I'm very incompatible here... I'm the 'SJW' here apparently - but to me I'm just wanting good things for everyone.... not just the rich white folks...

sorry diverting topic - back to your Reiki comments I agreed with them - just a bit stroppy thasall...
I'm going through the female 'change' I'm taking heaps of plants that rebalance hormoan Wink BigSmile levels - doing well - sailing through - and blood tests with doctor to check too...

take care mr ricdaw men need love n' hugs too!

happy birthday to me btw !! ahahah !

(01-09-2017, 07:52 PM)Agua del Cielo Wrote: Although i cannot speak of reiki, i would like to add some points on "initiation" ( as im practicing a breathing technique that you need an iniation for):

yes!!! THIS Smile Heart

(01-09-2017, 10:32 PM)Glow Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 07:52 PM)Agua del Cielo Wrote: Although i cannot speak of reiki, i would like to add some points on "initiation" ( as im practicing a breathing technique that you need an iniation for):

This brings up some questions I've been pondering about symbols. I am comfortable saying the reiki doesn't trigger redflags when ive seen their symbols, that likely is because of how they have done what is possible to keep some control of the "initiation" so I see that good that comes from that.

Most symbols/sigils i am weary of using myself because I think it would be very easy to make a symbol for one thing tell everything it represents something else and have it charged by those who are being lied to about it's true meaning.

K now I'm getting way off topic. I'm going to go start another.
Thanks for all your insight folks!

from this (and your reply prior also) - I'm getting the feeling that a Reiki initiation isn't 'right' for - or necessary for you - at least not at the moment and maybe your path to the same Energy will be different but just as valid/useful (and it seems it's already underway also) Smile ....

- remember Reiki isn't a brand or a 'product' - it's concentrated 'Life Force Energy'

for example: When I met Phyllis Lee Furomoto (granddaughter of Hawayo Takata and current Usui Reiki Grandmaster) and asked her if the Energy ("hara") used in Aikido (a Japanese martial art) aka: 'chi' (Chinese) ... is the same Energy - she said yes - it is -

the only difference is that with a Reiki initiation it's now entering through your crown chakra permanently for the rest of your life...
- having learnt Aikido (and Tai Chi and Wing Chun Kung Fu) I realised that Reiki's main 'thing' is that it's automatic and permanent.

Also - Reiki is so simple - the symbols aren't a doctrine or 'magick' unto themselves... (they're not comparable to a western magickal tradition of sigils or talismanic practice...)

Currently - as long as you focus on using, bringing through energy not from within you but from the highest positive or neutral good - you will be fine... you may not actually need to be initiated into Reiki - always go by heart not brain - your 'gut' knows what's right for you at all given moments Glow - I mean - look at your instincts to leave that negative situation with 'family' - you have a strong intuition! Smile Heart

RE: Reiki vs channeling divine energy - Glow - 01-10-2017

Ps -
Happy Birthday SMC!

(01-10-2017, 11:17 AM)Glow Wrote: Ps -
Happy Birthday SMC!

wai tank oo! BigSmile