Bring4th
The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Meet-up Area (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12936)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Bring4th_Austin - 05-25-2016

The year has flown by since our last joyous gathering. Homecoming is seriously one of my most favorite times of year, if not my very favorite. So I am always super excited to make this thread to announce the official opening of registration for this year's Homecoming!

We invite you to come join us in Louisville for a gathering of friends, old and new, and join as a group to celebrate this journey upon which we have all found ourselves. This year, Homecoming will fall on Labor Day weekend.

Beginning: Friday, September 2
Ending: Sunday, September 4
(With optional, additional time to on Monday to come help clean up and hang out for a little bit.)

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss everything Homecoming, along with arranging carpooling and hotel sharing.

For more information and to register, please visit this page.

We would all seriously love to meet with you. This is a magical time of year for us and others who have made Homecoming a regular event in their life. There is truly something special about meeting together with like-minded seekers. The potential buzzes in the air and refills our spiritual batteries. Please come and join us!

With love and light,
The L/L Crew

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - YinYang - 05-25-2016

One day! Smile

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Bring4th_Austin - 05-26-2016

(05-25-2016, 05:31 PM)YinYang Wrote: One day!  Smile

That day can be Friday, September 2nd, 2016  Wink

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Aion - 05-26-2016

Really working on getting out there for this year.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Nicholas - 05-29-2016

(05-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 05:31 PM)YinYang Wrote: One day!  Smile

That day can be Friday, September 2nd, 2016  Wink

This is a bit of a bummer for me because it's my 40th birthday on the 2nd of September. But I cant put this years Homecoming ahead of straightening out my finances. I would be kicking the can down the road, yet again, and now that I am married, my opinion only counts for 50% of such a decision! 

Meanwhile, we have set up a budget plan as well as a savings account, so with confidence I can say, see you all in 2017!!!

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - YinYang - 05-29-2016

Nicholas Wrote:This is a bit of a bummer for me because it's my 40th birthday on the 2nd of September.

Mine's on the 4th, Virgos are taking over! Tongue

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - isis - 05-29-2016

[Image: 1OXX8YQ.jpg]

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - im_not_me - 05-29-2016

(05-29-2016, 07:00 AM)YinYang Wrote:
Nicholas Wrote:This is a bit of a bummer for me because it's my 40th birthday on the 2nd of September.

Mine's on the 4th, Virgos are taking over!  Tongue

Mines ... On the 4th too :o
I am going to try and make it out this year as a bday gift for myself.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - KYAYBCLL - 05-30-2016

I am planning on it!

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Plenum - 05-31-2016

I've just taken care of the final logistical details for this year's trip (Tuition Fee, Entry Visa, Travel Insurance, etc etc), so I'm a lock.  So that's the '3-Peat' of Homecomings for me (2014, 2015, 2016).

I also know that a lot more would like to attend than actually do; but life does present a few challenges.  I can think of a few off hand: time off work, finances, onerous travel arrangements, personal and social doubts, explaining to family and friends what it's all 'about'.  Those aren't easy hurdles to overcome, and if I had been ready to travel in 2013, I could have met Carla one more time than I actually did (in 2014).  But that's just how things panned out.  No regrets.

So ... looking forward to meeting whoever makes the trip this Year.  

As I've said elsewhere, the 'totality' of meeting a person in the physical makes manifest so much more than what is conveyed in the forums.  You think you get an idea of who someone is ... and it is accurate, to a degree.  But the 'fullness' is something that imagination just cannot supply.

Heart   Heart

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - native - 06-03-2016

Very cool Plenum! Your will is awesome.

This is the time of year where I say I hope to make it, and I regrettably never do. I've been a part of this community for what seems like a long time, and have been wanting to attend since the first year that I joined these forums. I can't make any promises, but I am going to do my best to attend this year, and would love any extra encouragement to get my ass in gear! My work situation will be the biggest determination, however, I can imagine myself being able to get away from whatever for the weekend. I am only a days drive away.

Would love to see your smiling faces in person <3 ~ Derek

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Steppingfeet - 06-07-2016

(06-03-2016, 02:28 AM)Icaro Wrote: Very cool Plenum! Your will is awesome.

This is the time of year where I say I hope to make it, and I regrettably never do. I've been a part of this community for what seems like a long time, and have been wanting to attend since the first year that I joined these forums. I can't make any promises, but I am going to do my best to attend this year, and would love any extra encouragement to get my ass in gear! My work situation will be the biggest determination, however, I can imagine myself being able to get away from whatever for the weekend. I am only a days drive away.

Would love to see your smiling faces in person <3 ~ Derek

Derek, it's about time you get your ass in gear! What are you waiting for? At the rate you're going we will all be 80 years old and there will be fourth-density mutant humans running the event probably snickering to themselves about the strange hair follicles that grow from our bodies along with the noises we make on the toilet.

One can only serve as it is requested, and you have requested this motivating talk. So stop reading and start registering!

Would be great to finally meet you. : )

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - native - 06-08-2016

Hehe..thanks Gary! That might be accurate! I won't be able to make a decision until late July or early August, so we will see.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Plenum - 06-30-2016

Holy Smokes!  We're down to 2 months away ... which is just 8 Weeks.  

8 Weekends ... that's not a lot!  That'll fly by.

Time to start thinking about my Homecoming Presentation ...

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - ada - 06-30-2016

Wish I'd live in the US, would definitely join. ;(

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - rva_jeremy - 07-01-2016

I'll be there!

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Plenum - 07-01-2016

awesome Jeremy! Smile

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Sabou - 07-03-2016

Just out of curiosity. Is there anyone looking for a ride/planning on driving to homecoming who lives anywhere close to southern Ontario? Or who is driving through/near that area. I think carpooling might be a great option for some of us. If there any Canadians or Americans who live in the upper states who might be interested, I figured I would through the idea out to see what may come of it.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Observer - 07-12-2016

So excited to finally meet all of you this year. Cannot wait for this life changing experience! I will be 22 and have wanted to go to homecoming since I was 17! So ready to see behind your profile pictures and beautiful thread messages! I am hoping to give a presentation about crystals, how they can be utilized, how each stone can make life changing differences in your life and how to properly bind the energy to you. I will bring around 20-30 different kinds of crystals to share and let everyone commingle with the energy they have to offer. Smile

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Reaper - 07-13-2016

Not sure if I'll have the money or time off from work this year. We'll see.

I can't think of a single thing to present on. I thought about doing another poetry reading but I just don't seem to have any poems in me at the moment. Maybe I'll just sit back and listen this time if I make it.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Billy - 07-13-2016

Too many hurdles at this point in time.  No money, long distances and I don't know how I would explain the trip to family.  Maybe when I get my own place and start earning an income.  When I do attend, please tell me that karaoke will be available.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Steppingfeet - 07-13-2016

(07-13-2016, 05:54 AM)Reaper Wrote: I can't think of a single thing to present on. I thought about doing another poetry reading but I just don't seem to have any poems in me at the moment. Maybe I'll just sit back and listen this time if I make it.

Fear not, Reaper, the presentation slots are all full. (As recently noted here: http://www.bring4th.org/news/index.php?newsid=155) It's not unusual that the schedule fills up but it is unusual that it happens this early. There will be 18 different presentations!

As of July 13 we are also at 31 registrations and might cap it at 35 this year instead of accommodating 40 as that is a big crowd for our small space/time. So register soon if you're going to attend/

Billy, I hope that one day "because this is important to my spiritual path" will be a sufficient reason for those in your life to respect your decision to make a journey to attend a Homecoming. Or to do whatever you need to do upon your quest for self-realization. Smile

_________ - GentleWanderer - 07-13-2016

_______

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Reaper - 07-14-2016

I can't commit to anything yet so I guess I'll go ahead and say I won't be there. I'll probably stop by on Sunday night to see everyone at least.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Plenum - 07-14-2016

(07-14-2016, 05:30 AM)Reaper Wrote: I'll probably stop by on Sunday night to see everyone at least.

[Image: QwHbN9c.jpg]

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - BlatzAdict - 07-14-2016

I'm booked and set to go.

Almost, I haven't fully figured out the hotel thing yet.. but that will happen.

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Awakened - 07-19-2016

Coming. Registered. Flight booked.

Where's the list of hotels?

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Awakened - 07-19-2016

Nevermind - got the list - all booked up. Can't wait!

(07-19-2016, 03:22 PM)Awakened Wrote: Coming. Registered. Flight booked.

Where's the list of hotels?

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Jade - 07-20-2016

I am about 70% confirmed, due to some unforeseen financial issues (of course!) I still haven't been able to purchase my ticket. I'm definitely not giving up yet though!!

RE: The Official Homecoming 2016 Thread - Steppingfeet - 07-25-2016

Hey gang: as of July 24, registration for Homecoming 2016 is officially closed. We've only hit our max capacity once before and that was within a week or two of the actual event. This year capacity was reached in July.

EDIT: To anyone interested in being added to a wait list, please let us know. We typically have a cancellation or two.

To any who couldn't make it this year we hope to see you next year! Also Jim is very interested in holding smaller, more topically focused gatherings and workshops in the future perhaps beginning as early as next year.

Lots of love and see you some of you real soon!