Bring4th
Courting the maiden - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Archetypes of Mind, Body, & Spirit (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Thread: Courting the maiden (/showthread.php?tid=12629)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Courting the maiden - Jade - 03-03-2016

Hey friends. I've been studying the archetypes consciously and unconsciously for a while now, in the hopes to understand this enigma in a better way so that I can then teach what I've learned. It's been an enjoyable process, and in the near future I hope to start my own written interpretations of the archetypes to share with everyone. I have a few more months worth of study laid out before myself before I plan on being ready to do that, but this is me stating my intentions and helping stir up some of the energy in this forum.

My husband doesn't read any spiritual texts or anything like that, but he's totally open to mostly everything I offer him as an idea, even if it's wacko. I even like testing out metaphysical stuff with him specifically because he's always had a pretty open indigo ray but has no attachment to any outcome or the likes as far as spiritual progress goes. He loves writing fiction (and communicating) and writes almost every day, and gets frustrated with himself on days when he doesn't.

Somehow the idea came into my mind to briefly explain the Two Paths card, where Ra says one can see the unconscious resources as a maiden to be courted or a prostitute to be plundered. He understood what I meant immediately, and went wide eyed. I said yeah, it's most common that people do both, and he said "No, I mostly tell my creative spark to bend over and give it to me." Confused Hahaha. It was interesting see him realize that there was another way.  Another analogy he gave was that he often saw it as a vault that he had to break into. He really enjoyed and is currently entertaining the idea of courting the maiden. The main thing I see within him more is patience, a greater patience for his perceived "output". I think this is also an extremely helpful "program" for him to have, for me to help trigger, when he gets himself riled up, and anxious with writer's block and whatnot. Your maiden is merely exerting her right to be finicky, you must offer her the patience she is trying to teach you in return. Then she will reward you.

Anyway. I thought it was a good sign that I was able to "teach" this concept to someone and watch them immediately apply it. I still want to finish my current read-through of the LOO (currently on session 86), and probably re-read all the writings that others teachers have offered on this subject, before I put my thoughts through their final processing to regurgitate them here for you.

- - earth_spirit - 03-03-2016

-----

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 03-03-2016

It is you as the Magician, the will, who decides what to seek. I know that is really one of the hardest parts, considering we have infinity to choose from!

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 03-04-2016

My husband and I had another chat about the maiden this morning. He said he's been having some good communications with 'her' in his meditations, and that he feels a profound sense of gratitude that a different angle of attempt has been made. He says he still feels like he "wants it real bad" but understands that that is not a healthy attitude anymore. He also says he perceives her very specifically as a young maiden and not a woman - likely an interpretation of how he's neglected to facilitate this type of contact (in a positive manner).

He googled a picture to share with me and said she looks like this, and she pulsates and pumps out little ideas at him:

[Image: omicron6-800x533.jpg]

RE: Courting the maiden - APeacefulWarrior - 03-05-2016

Well, I certainly wish your husband the best of luck in his explorations! When I finally met my muse/4D partner on equal terms, she ended up becoming my most trusted guide and helper in spiritual matters. Not just creative endeavors. I tend to think that once someone realizes they have friends on the "other side" with their own individuality, the possibilities are nearly endless.

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 03-05-2016

So ever since I made this post, my mind has been frantically distilling archetypical information in its semi-conscious portions. I'm just trying not to get overwhelmed but I have a lot coming at me right now! I would guess this is indicative of a Transformation activating the Great Way of the Mind - it has been let out of my control and the spirit leads me onward!

The Lovers card is screaming at me. I've been listening to Steve Winwood a lot lately, and I've been really fond of the song, Arc of a Diver. I put the CD into the car today and as soon as it started it hit me - this song is about courting the maiden. The lyrics are so esoteric it's not even hardly about literally courting a maiden! Here is my interpretation...

Firstly, the title, Arc of Diver, itself I believe is reference to the act of potentiating the will, or, in other words, making the act of diving into the depths of the unconscious realms. She is a very aqueous character in the song.

Quote:She bathes me in sweetness I cannot reveal
For sharing dreams I need my woman
This humble expression meagerly dressed
My eyes so mean it has no meaning

The first paragraph speaks of an unpolarized usage of the High Priestess. She is there to please him, and he needs her, however he hasn't made the proper effort to understand her (This humble expression meagerly dressed/My eyes so mean it has no meaning)

Quote:But jealous night and all her secret chords
I must be deaf on the telephone
I need my love to translate

She is the "jealous night" (jealous of the moves made towards the other maiden) and the "secret chords" are the way she communicates to you. He must be deaf, he needs love to translate!

Quote:I play the piano no more running honey
This time to the sky I'll sing if clouds don't hear me
To the sun I'll cry and even if I'm blinded
I'll try moon gazer because with you I'm stronger

He finally realizes that he wants her enough to please her. He'll quit running away, he'll do what she asks of him (creative expression by playing the piano). If that doesn't work, he'll cry until he's blinded, and then stay up all night for her, because with her he's stronger.

Quote:Arc of a diver effortlessly, my mind in sky and when I wake up
Daytime and nighttime I feel you near
Warm water breathing she helps me here

"My mind in sky" makes me think of the Matrix, the blank slate waiting  for the will. He's learned to activate the Matrix and he creates the arc of a diver as he potentiates the subconscious. And it's effortless. Suddenly, he feels her all the time, and he describes her as "warm water breathing".

Quote:Lean streaky music spawned on the streets I hear it but with you I had to go
'Cause my rock 'n' roll is putting on weight and the beat it goes on

I think this is a reference to how he remembers the use of the maiden in the other sense. "Lean, streaky music spawned on the streets" doesn't sound like the fruits of a well-put effort, it sounds like gains that were "rough, prostituted, and without great virtue". He finally takes the hand of "her" (the proper maiden he is singing to) because he's "putting on weight" (gaining spiritual gravity?) and the beat goes on...

Quote:With you my love we're going to raid the future
With you my love we're going to stick up the past
We'll hold today to ransom 'til our quartz clock stop
Until yesterday

The final stanza refers to swimming in the sea of limitless time, the act that is only available after strong efforts of polarization have been made. They're going to raid the future, they're gonna stick up the past, they're gonna stop time, until yesterday! It hardly makes sense... in the context of illusory time.

On the flip side, here is a song called Dejalo by Rilo Kiley. This is a song from the point of view of the prostituted maiden. The title of the song, in Spanish, means "Let go of our thing" - referencing the act required of letting go of one of the hands of the maidens. It's possible that this could be interpreted as the prostituted maiden begging for her hand to be released. Thinking of it this way gives it some very heavy connotations. She says "Ready to go" in English but then, in another language, says "let go of me". I won't do a full lyrical analysis because I think it's rather straightforward, but I like how she even mentions the left vs. right sides, even, specifically.

Quote:She sleeps on your right side
She gets nailed, I get tied
I sleep on your left side
Hundred ways to keep love alive

The courted maiden is on the right side, and she receives the benefits of a mated coupling, i.e. getting nailed. The left-hand maiden gets "tied" - Ra says that negative sexual energy transfers often allow only one (the conqueror) to receive gratification through orgasm. The prostituted maiden does not get gratification through the process of potentiation.

Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa

I got a mind if you wanna waste it
I got a man if you wanna fake it
I got someone if you wanna get wasted
I got a place if you wanna...

Ready to go
Ready to go
Ready to go
Just say so

I got a tail if you wanna chase it
I got a tongue if you wanna taste it
I got a place on the east side
I got some time if you wanna...

Ready to go
Ready to go
Ready to go
Just say so

Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa

My mama is an atheist
If I stay out late she don't get pissed
I got a place if you wanna go
I got some time if you wanna...

Ready to go
Ready to go
(when you're) ready to go
Just say so

She sleeps on your right side
She gets nailed, I get tied
I sleep on your left side
Hundred ways to keep love alive

Ready to go
Ready to go
Ready to go
Just say so

Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa
Dejalo, nuestra cosa

RE: Courting the maiden - Plenum - 03-05-2016

(03-05-2016, 02:52 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: So ever since I made this post, my mind has been frantically distilling archetypical information in its semi-conscious portions. I'm just trying not to get overwhelmed but I have a lot coming at me right now! I would guess this is indicative of a Transformation activating the Great Way of the Mind - it has been let out of my control and the spirit leads me onward!

that's really awesome.

The archetypes can really trigger some powerful motions (undercurrents) in the deep mind.

They are also excellent preparatory material for work with the Higher Self; which is why I think - on Venus - it was used as such a tool.

RE: Courting the maiden - Ankh - 03-09-2016

(03-03-2016, 02:49 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: It is you as the Magician, the will, who decides what to seek. I know that is really one of the hardest parts, considering we have infinity to choose from!

Archetype study is really a magical experience and journey to take, Jade! I am so happy for you and your husband to be able to make this journey together! Smile

Here are my two cents or thoughts in regards to your above quote. I would exchange the word "what" with the word "how". The unconscious mind is indeed a vast ocean to seek from. So what will you seek? But since she is the one who reacts to all catalyst or whatever insults and moves the self, and since the veil is permeable, her reaction then is presented to the Magician. It is now his turn to play. Will he manipulate, control and repress her who is already perfect? Or will he court, learn to love and be patient with her? The catalyst is the tool, in my understanding, to the process of evolution. In positive polarization, the fusion, or union between these two is the goal, so that those seemingly two, divided by the veil, will once again become one. Because the mind is one mind. There are no two minds. But it is indeed created to have different parts, like Potentiator and Magician, and still it is just one mind. Like a story or a book which contains different chapters and characters and events, but is one book. For instance, the Lord of the Rings is not a story about only Frodo; it is also a story about Sam, Gandalf, Sauron, and many, many others; it is also a story about a magical land, magical beings and a magical ring(s). And so is the mind, which contains different "characters", magical land and magic itself, which seems divided like the rest of the world around us, but in reality, all that is only one. That's why it is perhaps called "illusion". 

Anyways, my opinion is that the role of the Magician is to decide how to pursue this magic, how to seek what it wants to seek. When He decides to tread on his magical quest or journey, his companion is High Priestess. It is Her land. And the manner of how He decides to treat Her, is what decides what She will show Him and where She will take Him. The goal of this journey is for them at the end to become One (in positive polarization).

I find these studies so interesting! Wish I had more time for them. Good luck you two! Smile

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 03-09-2016

Thanks for your analysis, Ankh! And I agree. In the context of all of the archetypes, it is the Magician who is deciding how to court the maiden, and the "how" leads to polarization.

I have another update on my husband's progress/shift of intentions. So, he's writing this story about abused/traumatized people who are going to a therapy setting, and an event happens that causes them all distress/to panic. He came to me with this weird face on, and was describing about how he's never going to really say what most of these people have gone through, and how he's not going to exploit his characters. He was a little perplexed, saying that usually, he wants to describe every awful thing that happens in the finest detail possible, but suddenly that seemed unpalatable. Usually his writing is very gritty and intense, which has always made it hard for me to read, honestly - though many people loved it and gave him good feedback. I tried to draw the line too that how you treat the self ('court the maiden') is then reflected in how he treats his characters, and subsequently, his reader - he was exploiting the weaknesses of his readers. Most of us are masochists on one level or another so we look for 'safe' outlets to experience this - reading/watching horror are participating in these things at an arm's length.

Anyway. It was just a sincerely fascinating shift to watch this huge, huge aspect of his "identity"/personality/writing style just "fall away". It was definitely a persona/voice - named even, Barkingturtle, his longtime forum alias. I think Barkingturtle was the fruits of his prostituted maiden. And all the while that he's been meditating, doing work in consciousness, crystallizing his heart chakra, etc, he always had this strong affection/attachment to Barkingturtle, and just on random occassions Barkingturtle's head would rear out of nowhere in the midst of his gentle being and would be kind of shocking! Mostly it was in the form of a highly inappropriate joke(I enjoy tawdry humor, but there is a point where you take a joke and it's not funny anymore, and he prides himself on finding that point), but he also used his Facebook page as an outlet for this energy as well.

Anyway. I am curious to see what happens then, next time he directs his creative energy 'outward' towards another. Will Barkingturtle still come out to play sometimes? I don't mind of course, that's who I fell in love with, luckily - his roughest, darkest side. But, I don't think so. I think he's taking this endeavor very seriously, and the Lovers card is where we see the many triangles representing the divergence of the paths getting greater the further you travel them.

RE: Courting the maiden - Blunt Force - 05-05-2016

Do you have a court?

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 05-05-2016

In this case I'm referring to the verb court, which means to pursue romantically.

RE: Courting the maiden - Infinite Unity - 05-12-2016

amazing stuff jade. I really like how he knew exactly what you were speaking on when first telling him about the maiden. I found the part about him imagining it was a safe, pretty funny.

RE: Courting the maiden - Minyatur - 05-12-2016

I never resonated much with the aspect of seeing the deep mind as either a maiden or a prostitute.

This seems to be more of a qualitative interpretation of an archetype that would not have such inherent qualities. Ultimately this lead me more to perceive that Ra may perceive the Creator as something delicate, that desires compassion, to find well being and to be accomodated in it's experience of itself.

Whereas I perceive the Creator as Intelligent Infinity, what seeks experiences and to infinitely distort itself into more than what any sub-portion of itself can perceive. What has a desire to infinitely explore what it can be and what uses itself as others to create circumstances to set itself into ever new paths. What bathes in the unity of itself.

When I tried to visualize my deep mind, I saw a woman in my back, with an arm crossing over my left shoulder to lean down in front of me and the second arm leaning on my right shoulder, the hand resting behind my neck. When I saw the eyes, I saw a power that wants me to call upon it, that desires me to feel a passion that will draw upon it's ressources. I felt an infinite exaltation in the thought of me desiring to materialize my desires, to be able to fuel them without bounds, and this being so in whatever way I could desire to use it.

In the image that I saw, there was no room to see something that could be seen as either a prostitute or a maiden. There was but that which desires me to manifest the deepest essence of myself.

RE: Courting the maiden - Night Owl - 05-12-2016

All of your analogies seems increadibly distorted to me but as long as it works for you all is well.

(05-12-2016, 08:16 PM)Night Owl Wrote: All of your analogies seems increadibly distorted to me but as long as it works for you all is well.

Well my point was that this archetype can only be reflected through one's distortions and that the maiden/prostitute analogy is reflective of a particular focus of distortions that is neither "inherent" nor absolute to the archetype itself.

Since we refer to this archetype as a woman, this reflects well how the relationship between male/female is infinitely distorted with no actual guidelines to what it truly is. It is but the experience of a duality which finds infinite focuses.

Ra can view the ressources of the deep mind as a prostitute only because it is how Ra would perceive this reflection of itself.

RE: Courting the maiden - Night Owl - 05-12-2016

Agreed. It is reflective of one's own distortion. I think your analogy is a little less distorted than previous ones though I don't see why this has to be associated with courting women at all. I could see how a woman may be portrayed as intuitive but associating intuition with the act of courting a maiden seems like a projection to me. It is not the act of courting that represents intuition in itself but rather the situation which may require it's use.

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 05-12-2016

The way I see it, is that it has to do with falling in love with Creation, and I think that's where the analogy goes. I think the analogy is useful because falling in love and getting married is one of the peaks of emotional expression of love in our experience. (Then the subsequent, "birth of the child", i.e., the third entity created by the union.) The transformation of the mind is about treating all otherselves as if they were the object of your highest affection. The other option is to view other selves as objects to be used for their resources. Ra also mentions that the "courting" process is "protracted", meaning extended in length of time, where as obviously, the prostitute is the means of quickly obtaining the resource you want without expending any or very little effort of your own.

Some people fall in love at first sight, others slowly grow upon each other. That's why we're "courting" - we aren't born loving all other selves and Creation, or at least, as soon as we're aware, it quickly fades away. So then we have to look at it, and see it as something worth uniting with, and taking the time to work out the kinks along the way. And as we dedicate ourselves to uniting with that other part of ourselves that completes us, we see more and more the value of unifying versus separation, the value of patience vs. instant gratification.

Quote:This seems to be more of a qualitative interpretation of an archetype that would not have such inherent qualities. Ultimately this lead me more to perceive that Ra may perceive the Creator as something delicate, that desires compassion, to find well being and to be accomodated in it's experience of itself.

The archetypes are very specifically about the 3rd density experience, which includes many "lost" and injured souls, including our own. So yes, I do think it is accurate that the third density version of Creation contains entities that are delicate, that desire compassion, and need lots of reassurance to find their own way.

It's really not literal, it's just about how we see the resources of our deep mind and the resources of other selves, so the things that we see as separative based on the illusion. It's about reunifying in pure love, "with nothing of plunder in its semblance," because in 4th density positive, "it's not within the limits to cause disharmony in any way". 

Quote:Ra: The right-hand and left-hand transformations of the mind may be seen to differ by the attitude of the conscious mind towards its own resources as well as the resources of other-selves.

Using the transformation of the mind means making the conscious choice to release your attachment to the other path and rededicating yourself to viewing others either completely without plunder or as objects purely to be plundered. Ra says that there is great treasure to be obtained with careful, protracted efforts to court the rest of Creation to fall in love with me as I fall in love with it, and I'm a patient pirate, so I'm doing my best to learn about and focus upon the slow-and-steady path. I find value in the analogy because, when I found the Ra material and began to crystallize my heart chakra, it was very easy for me to learn how to transfer the concept of universal love to others because I understood what real unconditional love was towards my husband. Sometimes I just have to pop his face on someone and think, "Would I be mad at him for that?" No, no, I honestly most likely wouldn't. There's no reason he deserves special treatment, all y'all can be my maidens. Tongue

(05-12-2016, 11:24 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote:
Quote:This seems to be more of a qualitative interpretation of an archetype that would not have such inherent qualities. Ultimately this lead me more to perceive that Ra may perceive the Creator as something delicate, that desires compassion, to find well being and to be accomodated in it's experience of itself.

The archetypes are very specifically about the 3rd density experience, which includes many "lost" and injured souls, including our own. So yes, I do think it is accurate that the third density version of Creation contains entities that are delicate, that desire compassion, and need lots of reassurance to find their own way.

It's really not literal, it's just about how we see the resources of our deep mind and the resources of other selves, so the things that we see as separative based on the illusion. It's about reunifying in pure love, "with nothing of plunder in its semblance," because in 4th density positive, "it's not within the limits to cause disharmony in any way". 

Yet behind the eyes of each entity lies Intelligent Infinity. The 3rd density experience was also given a focus of confusion by some of positive intent, which enables souls to be injured and get lost. So while they seem delicate, do they not reflect the desire within unity to experience such states? Are they not the mirror upon our own desire to know pain? Because if so, then the desire to heal these pains becomes conditional or distorted love of others, while unconditional love would be to let things be.

When thinking about unconditional love, I often think about the higher powers that allow this creation to be as it is, so that we may all know what we are.

Ultimately, I believe all there is to love is ourselves and that loving what seems external to us, is really to love aspect of what we are. Rather than falling in love, I am more likely to find glorious the infinite complexity that underlies each moment, just as the purity of will that allows them to take place, whatever the color.

RE: Courting the maiden - Night Owl - 05-13-2016

I do understand your perspective Jade but I honestly can't relate as to considering my intuition a maiden and honestly I don't feel like I have to court my intuition for it to give me something. My intuition is nice to me unconditionally and give me insights without me having to ask for it and if I do I receive without having to train something. It tells me all I have to know and all I want to know. And sometimes, maybe too often things I would prefer not to know. So I don't really see how I could relate the courting into my life.

RE: Courting the maiden - Jade - 05-13-2016

Re: leaving intelligent infinity be...

Yes I see your point, but you can't get around the fact that 3rd density is about the choice. Higher densities incarnate here to experience polarity and the choice. It's a highly designed system. The Transformation of the Mind is an analogy about the choice, an analogy in a thread of analogies that is about coupling that which has been manually separated by the veil: The conscious mind and the unconscious mind, and the self and other selves.

The highest form of the Creator is to let things be, yes, but that is also one of the tricks of the archetypes is that they are self-creating. And regardless, the veil was created so that there was service to be had: Confusion makes a mess and clarity cleans it up. If you think that higher densities leave Earth alone, I think you are likely mistaken, as Ra says there are many "watchers" and each human has at least 3 personal "guardians".

And yes, your deep mind will give you exactly what you need at all times, that's it's job. But polarity within the conscious mind is about how you use that resource, through the veil. To me, saying "Oh it doesn't matter how I treat it, it will always perform" is a version of the left-hand transformation of the mind, or, Ra says, no transformation occurs until one "hand of the maiden" (again, analogy) is released, freeing the "tangle".

Quote:Ra: In order for the Transformation of Mind to occur, one principle governing the use of the deep mind must be abandoned.

Have you ever been in love? Either with a person, or a thing? Maybe a pet? What has brought you the highest and most sustained level of joy throughout your life? This is how you should ideally feel towards your deep mind as well as all other selves. It's not as easy as it sounds which is specifically why it's a process. Or, you can skip any of the "process"/work and just take what you need when you need it.

If you see sexism in the analogy, it's a projection, because Ra didn't intend for it that way other than as traditionally the male principal "reaches for" the female principal. So, the gender roles are traditional and not literal, but we are activating the male principal within when we "reach for" reunification with the Creator. In that process of reaching for that which is separated from us, we can each choose to hold the vibration of the highest love and affection towards it, OR hold the vibration that it is there for our whims of pleasure/use. OR, you can do both, but then you are not utilizing the Transformation of the Mind.

So you're saying that the transformation of the mind is like using your male energy or requires the male energy to operate?

Why would the unconscious mind need courting? That's what I don't understand. Is that a sensitive fragile thing that needs reassurance?

No, I'm saying that the Magician reaches for the High Priestess, because she is veiled from us. We don't really know or understand her, that is the mystery. She represents, in the mind cycle, all of our unconscious resources. All that we do not consciously know (basically everything). If it's easier to conceptualize as yang (outward) and yin (receiving), maybe you should try to overlay that analogy. Ra uses the genders, again, because it's about that great act of falling in love with that which you didn't realize you were in love with before.

The unconscious mind doesn't -need- courting. But when you fall in love, the object of your affection requires your attention just by the mere pull of that love vibration. You can't help but want to do everything, anything to please the one you love. So you listen patiently, you put up with fickleness, you go out of your way to please, because you want to, and that's ultimately what brings you the most pleasure.

The traditional analogy Ra is using is that of the lovestruck (uncontrollably so, likely hormonal) young male who finds a beautiful virginal maiden. The "virginity" represents that which has yet to be "tapped" by the "male" energy. Our unconscious resources are vast, and our potential with using them is great. We are constantly "retapping" for more, and each time, it is of the best vibration to treat it as it is something sacred, something previously unexamined, something worth taking all the time it needs to see to its end. She's likely coy and bashful, because she's never received this attention before - or at least, each "reach" is of a new type, so each experience is fresh and new.

Or, you can call up those resources whenever you need them, and say, hey, let me have some of that intuition, let me have some of them great visuals in meditation to affirm my magical nature, but you aren't actually spending time with those resources to get to know their true nature, you are getting the fruits of plunder, which is "rough, prostituted, and without great virtue". She is always ready. These experiences are not new and sacred, because they are not given the intention to be treated as such.

If you take the time to get to know the maiden, and court her properly, she will in turn fall in love with you, and then your desires will be her desires just the same. She will want to do everything she can to please you as well. There will be no need to ask for the intuition to come into play, because it will be there waiting, because a good partner knows the one it loves better than they know themselves sometimes. So it's about cultivating that healthy, affectionate, give-and-take love between "two separate entities", who come together in unity despite separation to make a greater whole, instead of just saying "Eh it's a part of me anyway, just as my legs carry me around without complainin', my unconscious mind will always be at my disposal."

But what if I already know it really well and it is not new to me? I don't feel like I'm raping my intuition, more like we are one and are already in sync. I am thankful whenever I get insights.

I don't know if I have a distorted understanding of male/female energies but honestly I have always felt like if the female energy is still at the step of needing to be trapped to be in sync with the male energy then it is not ready for sharing the male energy. Unless the male energy is still at the step of proving itself but then I would think they are both not ready. The fruits of such energy transfer would taste really sour instead of sweet. I would wait for the female energy to get to know herself before the fruits can be collected. I understand the way you see it but honestly I don't find courting or anything having to do with getting out out of your way to please someone else really pleasing at all. I think a worthwhile sharing of mutual energies will develop naturally when the two opposite energies are ready and mature and know themselves well enough to make this relationship undistorted. But maybe I'm just f**** up.

I don't think you're f***** up! I also don't think you're raping your subconscious. (A prostitute is not being raped.) I think it's a very strange and subtle thing, and I can see how it can seem sexist and confusing, it makes more sense within the whole of the archetypical journey. Again, you are assuming that the unconscious mind needs this courting, but you only choose to court it because it is that which you are in love with, and courting it/spending time getting to know it is what brings you pleasure. And my point is that, are you really sure you know your unconscious mind? Have you completely removed the veil? I was under the impression that I was in a life-long journey of gradually lowering the veil with each new day. There are many surprises to be had yet ahead, I believe.

Again, in the mind cycle it's about intention - do you want to see your unconscious resources as something to be revered, respected, treated holy and sacramental, as we traditionally do the "virgin female"? Because, if that is how you treat yourself and the resources of others, that is how they will return in kind to treat you. And the male energy does have to make an effort to prove itself, because he is the one doing the "reaching". So by nature it is "his" job to act, and prove to the unconscious mind that it will use its sacred, higher-vibrational energies in a sacred and high vibrational way. If you're going to use it in a sacramental way, and then tomorrow use it in a blase/plundering way, you haven't properly dedicated yourself to the "maiden", which is an analogy for the path of STS or STO.

I feel like we may be projecting the gender role of "weak" upon one or the other gender, and assuming that in this analogy that the unconscious mind and all otherselves are this fragile little flower that must be coddled so that it doesn't break or lose control, or that there is some form of manipulation inherent in "courting" by the male because he is not worthy in his own right. Again, it's about putting "them" upon such a high pedestal that all of our efforts go to offering ourselves, everything we have or can be, to please "them". Learning tenderness and compassion do go very far in 3D. As Q'uo calls is, using the "listening heart".

Maybe I don't think of a virgin female energy as something sacred actually. I understand your description is based on the fundamental archeypes but I guess to me, the basics of both energies as presented this way is not something I look forward to. The step at which you describe I would associate with teenagers and it is not the kind of relation I find to be either unconditional or pleasing to me. I also think there is many ways of loving others and where maybe you find that the best expression of your heart is trying to please someone else by all means my way of loving unconditionally an other being is by letting it be and grow as it please and this way knowing and understanding it for what it really is deep inside and not for what it can bring to me. If it means I will be alone eternally then so be it. I think my soul has been a loner since millions of time/space ago.

About the unconscious mind, I don't mean to say my veil is completely peirced but more that I am aware of the functioning of my unconscious mind (or THE unconscious mind) since I was really young, way before I knew anything about the LOO or any form of spirituality. I understand the mechanism but that doesn't mean my intuition doesn't keep some surprises for me. The LOO have simply put words and concept behind something I was already in touch with. For some reasons the unconscious of others have struck me for a long time too. But I was never able to explain it before.

I understand that the literal analogy doesn't resonate with you, because it doesn't with me entirely, either. But it's not my analogy, I'm just trying to utilize it to a usable configuration. The point I was trying to get to with the "hormonal teenager" is that when you are in love with something, it is like you are possessed. Obsessed. It's out of your control. You must open the door for her, you must bring her flowers and write her poems. Unless you learn that she hates these things, then you learn to take the actions that she prefers. I think of it often in the terms of our Higher Self - our Higher Self is just waiting for us to ask it for help, to use it more thoroughly in our experience in a cooperative manner. But there is an experiential process, basically just for the sake of experiential processes.

I mean, if you are already in a closely mated relationship with your higher/unconscious self, I'm glad you've found yourself in a desirable configuration, and you've probably just been "courting" it this whole time without realizing it. I'm still quite heavily veiled so I am immersed in the process, but it makes sense to me on some level so I'm embracing it.

I also think that ''courting the female energy'' or ''proving the male energy'' energize the ego. I can undertsand how that is useful catalyst for most people but that no longer makes my soul grow.

Maybe you are right and I am courting it all along. I don't think you are as much veiled as you think though. Look at your avatar. Your ears are visible! Your intuition is barely hidding.

Ah, I can hear the music, but I still am unable to read the notes!

RE: Courting the maiden - JustLikeYou - 05-14-2016

Night Owl Wrote:I also think that ''courting the female energy'' or ''proving the male energy'' energize the ego.

Please mind the absolute language. A distortion that stymies one aids another.

RE: Courting the maiden - Night Owl - 05-14-2016

@Jade: Enjoying the music is the most important part Smile

@ JustLikeYou: How is that absolute? It's just an idea or opinion. That's why I said: I think. You are welcome to share your thoughts on the subject. It might be helpful to share your perspective on what you think is distorted.