Bring4th
Veggies by Force... - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: Health & Diet (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Veggies by Force... (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Pages: 1 2 3

Veggies by Force... - Brittany - 03-09-2010

Okay...

I've been trying to improve my eating habits for a while now. I've pretty much been a meatatarian most of my life, eating mostly meats and carbs. My super-fast metabolism has allowed me to avoid the most obvious side effects of this kind of diet (being fat), but I've always known it was pretty bad for me. All of my past attempts to change my eating habits have failed somewhat miserably. I’d be more careful about it for a few days and then crave my old favorites and go right back to where I was with a vengeance.

However, within the past week, something has happened to me. I’ve become a vegetarian…pretty much by force, and pretty much overnight. It’s not that I *tried* to stop eating meat. I just suddenly couldn’t. It suddenly seems nasty to me. I am unable to eat it. My husband and I went to a Chinese buffet…I pay 8 bucks to get in, and end up eating nothing but pineapple slices because I literally could not get the chicken down. Then I tried shrimp…same results. It was very hard to not just spit it back out, and normally I love that stuff. The most meat I’ve been able to eat lately is a little fish, and even that didn’t go well.

Just about all I ever want now is fruits and veggies and some whole grains, and I’m eating a LOT less. Suddenly eating seems so much less important. Two small meals a day is comfortable for me. I’ve also become a lot more aware of the energies in foods. When I do eat it has become a spiritual exercise for me.

Now, I’m not complaining. I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time, but it’s always been so hard, and now suddenly it’s like someone re-routed all the wires in my head. The little voices in my head have been urging me (somewhat vehemently sometimes), to become vegetarian for a good while now, and now I get the sense that they’re saying: “Okay, it’s time now. Time to get serious. You’ve had time to adjust and now you need to take this seriously because big stuff is coming up and this will help you.” It almost feels like someone else is controlling my mind in the area of food, but not in a bad way.

Over all, it’s just WEIRD. My husband is kind of freaked out. At first he thought I was just joking around but now that he’s seen it last this ling he almost seems a little worried. I’m just wondering what could have sparked the sudden change…how my entire way of perceiving food could change in the blink of an eye.

Has anyone else experienced stuff like this?

RE: Veggies by Force... - AnthroHeart - 03-09-2010

I had that happen. At work, one of the items was showing a veggie pasta plate. The cook was giving samples, and one had a piece of chicken in it without me knowing. I did reluctantly chew it up slowly and threw the rest of the sample away. So much for false advertising.

Well, my vegetarianism comes and goes in waves. I'm starting to cook more. Veggie burritos and such. Lots of good recipes online.

Today I did have a veggie pizza with sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. But even that, with all its cheese isn't really good for one. So I'm looking to move also to low-fat cheeses and make healthier pizzas.

Yeah, this meat and heavy foods are a bit too heavy for me. I even avoid sugars for the most part now. I was never big into sodas. But I used to drink sweet tea quite a bit. Now, I am very sensitive to the caffeine.

RE: Veggies by Force... - Monica - 03-09-2010

Ah, this makes perfect sense to me! That is exactly what happened to me many years ago, except that it was triggered by reading The Essene Gospel of Peace.

Meat just no longer registers as food to me. It might as well be a rock or a piece of wood.

As for why it happened: You've obviously had some sort of consciousness shift. That has happened to me too, where I suddenly started a juice fast and couldn't eat for a week.

I'd say: Flow with it! Your husband needn't be worried. I've been a vegetarian for 29 years...and my son has never had any meat in his life (he's now 21). We don't miss it at all!

RE: Veggies by Force... - Lorna - 03-09-2010

wow what a transformation!

good luck with your veggie journey - a veggie diet is so much more varied and interesting than you'd generally think as a meat eater. ooo just had a thought, maybe we could start a recipe section somewhere with fabulously energised meal ideas?

anyway... i guess i've always kind of felt as you describe, i really struggled to eat meat and fish as a child and went veggie as soon as my parents gave in to the inevitable but to have such a sudden change, all i can say is wow. these are certainly times of transformation that we're living in, it sounds as though you are in a really exciting phase of your journey right now ahktu

RE: Veggies by Force... - Peregrinus - 03-09-2010

Same sort of thing for me. I decided to become vegetarian, and thought I would sort of ease into it, cutting down on meat over a few weeks. Well, I basically went vegetarian right away. I had some Chili in the freezer I thought I would eat. Well, it made me sick to the stomach to even think about ingesting it. Same for any meat at all now; it makes me nauseous. I haven't tried wild game, and am unsure if I could eat that too.

I notice pressure from family who think I'm some sort of freak for not eating meat, and they try to sneak it to my daughter, who, funnily enough, spits meat out if they put it in her mouth.

RE: Veggies by Force... - fairyfarmgirl - 03-10-2010

Wild game is one of the only meats other than organic chicken that I still find good to eat. Although I am an ominvore... I tend to eat mostly a vegetarian diet... There was a time that I lost all interest in eating animal flesh... and it would make me very ill... then I became pregnant with my first child and found I needed to eat animal protien... and organic cow's milk... It CRAVED it--- and now I am back to being mostly vegetarian as is my family since I do the shopping and the meal making (they really are a captive audience LOL).

I think a recipe thread would be terrific! On another forum I belong to we have a recipe thread devoted to recipes our picky eating kids will eat... and how to hide veggies in food for those textural/touch sensitive kids--- I had a type of kid like this so I had lots of recipes to share (LOL)

Love--

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Veggies by Force... - Eddie - 03-10-2010

(03-10-2010, 08:14 AM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: I think a recipe thread would be terrific! On another forum I belong to we have a recipe thread devoted to recipes our picky eating kids will eat... and how to hide veggies in food for those textural/touch sensitive kids--- I had a type of kid like this so I had lots of recipes to share (LOL)
fairyfarmgirl

What I'm having for lunch:

1 large handful of parsley
3 large kale leaves
1 banana
3 canned pear halves
little bit of the juice from the pear can
Juice of one lemon

All pureed together in a blender. Very tasty, and not heavy at all! I bet your kids would actually like this if you could get them to taste it...BigSmile

Sounds yummy! Did you remove the stems and ribs from the kale before blending?

Love--

fairyfarmgirl

(03-10-2010, 12:51 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: Sounds yummy! Did you remove the stems and ribs from the kale before blending?

Love--

fairyfarmgirl

I cut the stems off at the base of the leaf, but did not remove the ribs. (Just didn't think about it...but it turned out fine anyway.)

RE: Veggies by Force... - Peregrinus - 03-10-2010

I hope those are organic items Eddie.

In the list of the top 47 most dangerous foods (non-organic) 100 being the highest
Rated|Product|Pesticide rating
8. Kale 69
12. Pears 63

http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php

Here's an interview with a physician who is using proper nutrition to treat many illnesses in a holistic manner. This is something we need to spread around...

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/bnatrajan.htm

Food is Medicine. This is a founding principle of Fairy Wisdom and Herbalism... And with the Blessing and Energy Modulation of Food and Drink that which is inedible is rendered edible...

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Veggies by Force... - Brittany - 03-10-2010

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I just wish organic food was cheaper and easier to find. I work at a grocery store, but every time I pick up an apple or pear I wonder what type of pesticides have been all over it. My wallet is waaaay too thin to start eating all organic, but I might have no choice soon when it comes to fruit.

RE: Veggies by Force... - Pablísimo - 03-10-2010

(03-09-2010, 06:29 PM)ahktu Wrote: Has anyone else experienced stuff like this?

Hi ahktu, and welcome to the veggie club! As far as a sudden shift to vegetarianism goes, I too have experienced this phenomenon as others have commented in this thread.

I have lived on my own since the age of 14 and even before that never had any parental insistence on meat eating, but it was some years before I made the switch. I always felt vaguely uncomfortable about it even when eating meat that tasted good to me at the time. From before I can remember, I felt that I "SHOULD" be vegetarian but I was afraid of missing out on food I liked and that I wouldn't be able to handle it. Finally, about 11 years ago I decided that I was going to try to be vegetarian for a week and then see how I felt about it at the end of the week. No commitment beyond 7 days and no pressure. I planned out each meal for each day in advance to make sure I could do it.

Guess what? After 48 hours, I knew deep down I would be a vegetarian for the rest of my life. It wasn't difficult, it wasn't stressful and it made me deeply happy. I never ate another bite of meat intentionally after that time. 11 years have flown by! Smile

At the time, I was living with a girl who was to later become my wife and I was not going to impose my habits on her. I planned to cook 2 meals instead of 1 each evening and resigned to having to stock more food than usual.

Obviously, I explained my reasoning to her but wasn't "preachy" about it. She agreed to be supportive but continue to eat meat herself. Amazingly, three days later she came to me crying and said "I just can't do it anymore!" and she became a vegetarian herself! Instantly!!

Even stranger, a month later I was talking to my sister about it and she informed me that she'd decided to become a vegetarian herself soon after hearing about me and in fact had already done so for a week!

All three of us have been vegetarians ever since! My sister later had two children who have only been vegetarians their whole lives. One is 9 and the other is 6 with no problems.

So, yes it can happen suddenly. It was a bit weird to me to have 3 people switch so suddenly all in the same timeframe, but after reading some of the comments here and especially your own story, I guess it's not that unusual at all!!

I don't want to get too long-winded here so I will just mention one, but there are some practical considerations to being a new vegetarian to consider. The most important, to me, is to not make other people feel guilty who have not made the same choice, intentionally or unintentionally. A lot of people get very defensive about the subject and I believe it is best to be a nonchalant vegetarian who thinks "I worry about my lunch and you worry about your own." It is important to remember that in 3rd density experience there is no way to avoid taking life in some form or another as we go through life, both for food and in other areas as well. It is part of the human condition and more catalyst for our growth. While I have extremely, extremely strong views on the "correctness" of vegetarianism for me (and in general), I also believe that all of our paths are different and what may be right for me may not be right for you. The only advice I ever give a meat eater who is not contemplating vegetarianism but is acting guilty is this: "Eat whatever you like, but send a small prayer of thanks and gratitude to the animals that sacrificed so that you could live. Instead of ignoring the death or feeling guilty about it, simply eat with an attitude of humble gratitude, ever thankful for the blessing those younger brothers and sisters who have died so that you may live have given you.

Love to all

P.S. Monica -- I know that feeling you described so well!! Meat doesn't look like food to me anymore. I can scan a buffet table and it just looks like a bunch of blocks around the "real food." Very strange phenomenon, indeed.

RE: Veggies by Force... - Brittany - 03-10-2010

Thanks, Pablísimo !

I definitely don't preach to other people about eating meat, seeing how I was a huge carnivore for years. I'm not going to go gripe at a lion for eating meat, so why should I do it with a person? It is a very personal decision for me, if having your brain reformatted over night even counts as a decision. I have the inner feeling that lightening up my diet is going to have benefits in the years to come. My husband loooves meat and I'm not going to throw a wrench in our relationship just because I suddenly feel sick to my stomach when I eat it. Still, he'll happily eat anything I fix, even if it's a flop (I'm pretty bad at cooking) so by fixing veggie meals I'm at least getting some veggies in his system.

I take time before every meal to thank any plants and animals who gave of themselves so I can eat, and I thank the Creator for providing me with food. This seems to have come with the brain re-wiring. Food has suddenly become much more spiritual for me. I can sense the energies in the things I eat and I imagine those energies traveling through my body, making me healthy and bringing me closer to the Creator.

RE: Veggies by Force... - JoshC - 03-11-2010

I suppose I've always been a light meat eater. Growing up, all my family and close friends (still the same people) were/are emphatic about eating meats. I've never gotten why eating steak is SO F'ING MANLY, I hardly like it at all... Hah! I just reminded myself of one time at a buffet-style restaurant I was with my friends and when I got back to the table one of them was like, "what are you a woman?" (yay sexist jokesHuh) 'cause my plate was filled with fruits, vegetables and the like. Another mongolian bbq buffet I like to go with friends has four types of meats and every time I go there I get like one slice of each by choice at most and am looked at as weird by my friends again lol... I haven't made a conscious choice to be vegetarian, but I generally only eat meat when I before or after I exercise for the protein.Maybe I'll be lucky enough to experience the change?Smile

RE: Veggies by Force... - AnthroHeart - 03-11-2010

Have you heard of hemp milk? It's something I'll be looking into, but it supposed to be high in protein.

(03-11-2010, 12:33 AM)JoshC Wrote: I haven't made a conscious choice to be vegetarian, but I generally only eat meat when I before or after I exercise for the protein.Maybe I'll be lucky enough to experience the change?Smile

RE: Veggies by Force... - Monica - 03-11-2010

(03-11-2010, 12:44 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: Have you heard of hemp milk? It's something I'll be looking into, but it supposed to be high in protein.

Great stuff! Also high in essential fatty acids. I like the Tempt brand.

RE: Veggies by Force... - ayadew - 03-17-2010

This may be a bit off-topic, but, this is a fantastic book regarding vegetarianism and veganism. It is written by an awakened being.
You may not like it, feel insulted etc. But you should read it.

http://books.google.se/books?id=_KGWcPH41qYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+vegetarian+myth&source=bl&ots=m0bCFwCYYt&sig=Y3KZ3VSiztYT74ID4Zuhoidj4l4&hl=sv&ei=dZ2gS_eCJcyd-gbozdygDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CBkQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=&f=false

How much death is there in a bowl of sallad? Rice? Perhaps more than in that slab of meat you might detest.

"I hear a plea in the words of vegetarians, a plea that borders on a prayer. "Let me live without harm to others. Let my life be possible without death." This prayer embodies both a fierce tenderness and a passionate repugnance. The love is for all beings, and the horror is for the sadism humans are inflicting. This prayer pulses in me like another heart."

RE: Veggies by Force... - Monica - 03-17-2010

(03-17-2010, 02:10 PM)ayadew Wrote: It is written by an awakened being. You may not like it, feel insulted etc. But you should read it.

What do you mean by 'awakened?' Awakened in what way?

Thanks for the warning. You're right; I don't like it. But I don't feel insulted because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The author went back to eating meat. That's her choice. I appreciate your posting this, because it's always nice to hear other points of view.

My first impression of the book was that the author makes a lot of generalizations which I find very questionable. For example, although there are extremists in every group, I don't think I've ever met a vegan in my entire life who thinks we should separate the wild animals so they don't kill one another. I also vehemently disagree that everyone following a vegan diet long-term ends up damaged. Most long-term vegans I know are vibrantly healthy!

This person had health problems, but to say that vegetarian diet is not healthy for anyone is like taking any random meat eater with diabetes, heart disease, cancer, or whatever, and saying that their own particular diet caused all their problems therefore no one should ever eat meat. MOST meat-eaters have myriad health problems, and so do some vegetarians. But, statistically, vegetarians are healthier across the board, and that is an indisputable fact. There will always be those who, whether vegetarian or not, have health issues. There are many factors to health. Being a vegetarian doesn't guarantee health.

I also question whether her diet was actually the cause of her health problems. While returning to meat might have alleviated some of her problems, that doesn't necessarily mean that eating meat was the only solution. Many vegans have made the mistake of leaving out key nutrients which could easily have been remedied by either eating eggs or dairy (less drastic than eating meat) or simply eating more greens or taking supplements. Because of a drastic decrease in nutrients found in produce, it's difficult to get all the nutrients we need using supermarket produce. I personally utilize wild foods and superfoods, and I think this is generally a good idea, whether vegetarian or not.

The author seems to have a reverence for life and as strong spirituality, but I sense a great deal of bitterness as well. I appreciate her sharing her experience, but I'd have to say I disagree with her views overall, so far. I don't think we need to go to the extreme of worrying about how many microorganisms we might 'kill' each time we take a breath. I've heard the argument before, "You are killing that lettuce!" but disagree with it. I truly believe that if the spirit of the lettuce was individuated enough to choose a sentient life, it would not have incarnated into a plant body! It would have chosen an animal body, so it could run away when chased. It is logical to me that if an animal shrieks in pain, and flees from the hunter, that is a clue that it doesn't want to be eaten. The author doesn't seem to take into consideration the evolution of the soul and the choice of physical vehicle mirroring the evolution of the soul. (Perhaps she might discover the Law of One and find it enlightening on understanding plants and animals.)

I have only read half the book so far, but I wonder why she didn't consider a raw foods diet instead of going back to meat. That sounds strange to me. I hope she finds healing and balance in her life.

By the way, there are at least 2 other threads that explore the topic of meat eating further. I don't have time to find them at the moment but one had meat in the topic and the other was something like healthy nutrition or something like that. The meat thread was from awhile back but both are probably in the Life on Planet Earth sub-forum.

It's definitely an interesting perspective, ayadew, so thanks for sharing!

RE: Veggies by Force... - Brittany - 03-17-2010

I don't particularly refrain from eating meat because of the death involved. I think that is largely just part of the 3rd density circle of life. Other animals eat each other all the time, and we evolved from animals. For me it is mostly about the particular needs of my body. My guides have said again and again that it would greatly benefit me to switch to a lighter diet for whatever reason. Also, it has somewhat been by force. Last night I tried to eat a roast beef sandwich because I was really craving one, and as soon as I took a bite I couldn't even chew it and I felt sick afterward. Now it is evolving into anything that includes processed ingredients. High fat, high sugar...little by little my brain is rejecting it...I barely understand it myself, but want it to be known that I hold no judgement toward anyone for eating anything. I think it is entirely a personal choice.

RE: Veggies by Force... - fairyfarmgirl - 03-18-2010

I eat what resonates with me. Lately it has been mashed potatoes and poached eggs. All of us at the fairyfarm are craving mashed potatoes and poached eggs... I think I will go boil some potatoes now... LOL

I read an article recently in a local metaphysical newspaper about eating the Angel way-- which is by resonance.. that which resonates to your frequency and modulates it according to frequency growth needs. As You said, Ahktu everything in 3D is eaten... even us. The real question then becomes what resonates with you and your body? For some it will be Veggies... for others they will be consummate omnivores.

fairyfarmgirl

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Veggies by Force... - AnthroHeart - 03-18-2010

For me, meat is too heavy energetically (save for fish which I do enjoy on occasion).

Though I still haven't gotten past my mild coffee addiction. I drink it for the flavor, not so much the caffeine.

Eating what resonates is a good way of life. Why worry if one has a one-off craving for a donut or burger or such.

Either way I'll burn it off on my daily bike ride to work. So not so concerned about the health. Much more with the spiritual energy of the food.

I still don't like to eat food prepared by an angry person in the midst of a rage.

RE: Veggies by Force... - Brittany - 03-18-2010

Food cooked with love always tastes the best. That's why momma's cooking is so awesome.

RE: Veggies by Force... - Pablísimo - 03-19-2010

I only discovered the Law of One about a year ago, but I've been a spiritual seeker for most of my life. As such, I long ago had reached certain spiritual conclusions about a range of topics, including vegetarianism. I found that in most cases, the LOO didn't replace those old conclusions, so much as it expanded upon the truths I had already realized deep within my being.

I have a deep connection with the natural world and the animal kingdom. So, naturally, I spent a lot of time thinking about ourselves in relation to other animals and plants in the context of vegetarianism, sexuality, aggression, etc.

At that time, long before I heard of the "Density of Choice", I came to the conclusion that being incarnate as a human being was a great gift because we had the power to *choose.*

That is, there are many animals that kill for every meal, but there is no darkness in this act for they are merely following their instincts. By the same token, there are many other animals that are vegetarian by nature, but they deserve no praise for this for they did not choose this path, either. You also see animals that devote themselves to one mate by instinct and others that breed in a random fashion with hundreds of partners over time. Some animals band together in packs, some remain solitary. Some are peaceful by instinct, others aggressive. However, these behaviors are directed by instinct and genetics, not choice.

It finally occurred to me that humans are special because we have a CHOICE. We can subsist on meat or on vegetables and still be healthy. We can be monogamous or promiscuous and propogate the species just fine. We can make war or we can choose peaceful resolution to our difficulties. In every case, humans are exceptional because of our ability to choose. Also, as we become more aware, our responsibility grows. There is comparatively little karma generated in negative acts performed in ignorance. But once we begin to awaken, we are held to a higher standard.

To be clear, though I am vegetarian, I do believe one can progress spiritually without being a strict vegetarian. (I mean, really, look at the Dalai Lama!). But it DOES help you -- refraining from ingesting the fear, the pain, the hormones (natural and added), and the adrenaline helps you raise your vibrational state. For me, personally, it is also a way to honor my spiritual younger Brothers and Sisters. While it is not a strictly necessary to be vegetarian for everyone in order to follow the STO path, it is a very important part of my own STO path and a topic that I believe any spiritual seeker would do well to at least contemplate.

I guess what I'm saying is that we are animals in the physical sense, but we are of a higher density and are therefore on a different path. At our core we are all one and it can be useful to draw comparisons, but a distinction must be drawn. What we must do to evolve further is not the same as it is for 2nd density beings, and what is OK for them is not necessarily OK for us.

Love to All

P.S. I read some of the book Ayadew posted and found my reactions to be much the same as Monicas. She said what I was thinking so well there's really not much I could add!

RE: Veggies by Force... - JoshC - 03-19-2010

So I decided to try out bein' a strict vegetarian (as per liferegenerator @ youtube) for this weekend, starting today. It seems kinda hard, do u guys just eat nonstop? I'm still hungry and I've eaten a ton Huh

RE: Veggies by Force... - fairyfarmgirl - 03-19-2010

I like this book, Nourishing Traditions, Sally Fallon and Mary Enig PhDI have found the info to be extremely helpful in maintaining my health and the health of my family.

RE: Veggies by Force... - Pablísimo - 03-19-2010

(03-19-2010, 03:16 PM)JoshC Wrote: So I decided to try out bein' a strict vegetarian (as per liferegenerator @ youtube) for this weekend, starting today. It seems kinda hard, do u guys just eat nonstop? I'm still hungry and I've eaten a ton Huh

What exactly you eat depends on the type of vegetarian you are (ovo/lacto, ovo no lacto, etc), your age, sex, activity level and a million other factors. Everyone has to find their own way.

If you are constantly hungry then perhaps you need something more heavy. I would suggest some good pasta or beans that are filling. Just a thought.

Love to all

RE: Veggies by Force... - Lorna - 03-19-2010

eggs, wholegrains and lentils are very filling too - make a big pot of thick homemade lentil soup and serve with some chunks of granary bread - it'll chase any hunger pangs away

RE: Veggies by Force... - fairyfarmgirl - 03-19-2010

YUM! Cheese and bread with fruit as a dessert... now that's a meal as well!